Omicron Delta Epsilon Honor society
Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) is the international honor society in Economics. It was founded in 1963 and the LIU chapter of ODE was inaugurated in 1971.
- Confer distinction for high scholastic achievement in economics
- Promote and stimulate interest in economic problems and issues
- Promote fellowship among students and faculty who share a common interest in economic analysis and policy
- Completion of 12 semester hours of economics courses
- Average grade of B in both economics courses as well as in all courses
- Students do not have to be economics majors, but must have a genuine interest in economics in addition to meeting the above requirements.